Waterfalls & Wilderness Nature Tour
Wabakimi Park is the planet’s largest wilderness paddling area, sees only a few hundred paddlers per year. Your canoe adventure sometimes starts with a “bush-train” ride into the Wabakimi wilderness to see and experience the boreal forest and Canadian Shield. After unloading your canoe and gear from the train, your paddling journey begins. While paddling and portaging through the park, you might happen upon a rare and elusive woodland caribou, a huge Canadian moose, a beaver, a playful otter or a majestic wolf.
As you canoe through the pristine waterways, you’ll have a chance to drop your line and possibly catch the biggest fish of your life. At the end of the day as you sit around the campfire and enjoy the sunset, you will hear the call of the loons off in the distance. The delicious wild blueberries alone will bring you back to see us!
6 Days, 5 nights Waterfalls and Wilderness Package includes:
- Experienced and knowledgeable trip leaders
- All camping equipment
- High quality canoes & kayaks
- Great food
- Transportation to and from put in (train in, van or train out)
- Accommodations – one night at our Eco-lodge or our cabin retreats and high quality tents for your canoe trip
- All park fees and permits
- Maps and pre-trip orientation
- Satellite phones and safety equipment
What is Not Included:
- Travel between your home to our base in Armstrong ON
- Meals before and after canoe trip or extra nights ( more than one) at the B&B
- Costs of emergency evacuations (unlikely) during your canoe trip
- Personal clothing: a clothing list will be sent upon request
Itinerary for Wabakimi and Waterfalls:
Day 1 — Arrive at Eco lodge by noon for pre-trip orientation and packing of personal clothing and gear for trip and shuttle to evening train in Armstrong.
Day 2-5 — Begin navigating your way through the Wabakimi park while enjoying the scenery and stopping to fish and wet a line for those who fish
Day 6 — We will pick your group at the pre-arranged time and bring you back to the lodge for a hot shower and a fresh cup of coffee. We enjoy hearing about your Wabakimi trip. After your canoe trip you can either spend another night with us or head down the road to Thunder Bay.
Travelling to us:
You can reach us by driving from Toronto or by flying into Thunder Bay with either www.aircanada.com or www.flyporter.com. Once booking your canoe trip with us you can either rent a car through Budget at 1-807-622-6908 for a special rate for our guests or arrange for us to pick you up at the airport or hotel room with our shuttle van (Additional fees will apply).
$1995.00 Plus 13% HST per person (based on 2 people minimum).
You and your group may do this trip anytime.
Transportation from Thunder Bay to our base near Armstrong is available. Self-guided trips can also be arranged. Contact Brenda at 807-583-2626 or email at email@example.com or Bruce at 807-708-4080 to find out more about this adventure and to book.